Do you spend most of your weekend dreading the Monday (or Tuesday as it’s Labor Day here in the US) morning return to work? Do you hate your boss with a passion and find your co-workers are just not on your wavelength? If so, remember, life is too short to spend most of your week doing something that makes you miserable. With 18% of the workforce working 60 hours a week or more, it a big and important chunk of your life…
Here are ten signs that the time could be right to engage a Career Coach
- You’re job-hunting – You’re out of work but not getting past interview stage. And you’re not even sure if what you are looking at is the career for you.
- You Hate Going To Work – When the alarm goes off do you leap out of bed eager to get to work and tackle whatever challenges are thrown at you, confident of success? If you’re more likely to throw the duvet over your head and say “screw it” then go back to sleep, you might want to think about looking for a new job.
- You Lack Confidence – You’re really good at your job but other people are advancing while you’re staying still. You don’t feel like you have a voice.
- You Don’t Feel Valued – Your suggestions are repeatedly ignored by colleagues and bosses or you find you are consistently being passed over for promotion. You never hear the words “thank you” or “good work”.
- You Are Being Bullied – Whether it’s by bosses or co-workers, being bullied or harassed at work can take a variety of forms from verbal insults to public criticism or even sexual harassment but it’s all unpleasant and you DON’T have to put up with it. You may wish to take out grievance procedures with your company’s HR department or even consider a claim for constructive dismissal. Or you may wish simply to find another job and move away from the toxic environment.
- You Feel You Are Underpaid – You could ask your boss for a salary rise, pointing out why you are worth it, but there’s no guarantee that will work. Maybe you have tried and heard every excuse under the sun. You may discover you are being paid less than someone else who is doing the same job as you. This is illegal but some unscrupulous firms will allow such a situation to continue.
- You Have No Respect For Your Managers – No it’s not just because they won’t give you a raise! You think they’ve been over-promoted, you disagree with most of their decisions and can’t see what they bring to the table.
- You Live For The Weekend – But that’s just two all too short days a week. It’s important to enjoy and get something from the other five days you are at work too.
- You Scan for Jobs Constantly – lacking follow through, you are not committed to anything and weeks become months and years. You are perhaps not sure what you want to do.
- You Want A Job You Love – Yes, it’s possible to have a job you love. It may not feel like that now if the previous six points apply to you but plenty of people actually enjoy getting up and going to work. Perhaps you’ve always had a calling to work with children or animals. Maybe there’s a field that you always wanted to move into, but lack the confidence. Take the opportunity and start looking for that new job today!
Ready to take charge and make a positive change in your life and career? I can help you take the first steps and draft a realistic plan to get your where you really want to be. With coaching packages ranging from a week to 3 months, I will be totally focused on you!! I am based in the DFW area of Texas, locally, nationally and globally I coach and help people from all walks of life and all industries.
Call Terry on +1 865-230-2702, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my website www.bizblot.com